- What is our “witness protection” program?
- First of all, it is proactive! We go on the offense.
a. We put on the full armor of God. Eph. 6:10-20. We take the fight to Satan through Christ!
1.) We have three offensive weapons; prayer and fasting! Matt. 6:16-18. James 1:3-8, we must pray for wisdom in how to face trials of many kinds and apply our faith in God to those trials. “Devote yourselves to prayer.” Col. 4:2
2.) The sword of the Spirit, the word of God. Our armor has no defense for our back!
a.) Remember Satan’s use of false teaching.
b.) Nothing like scripture to encourage us. Romans 15:4
3.) Our feet “shod with the equipment of the gospel of peace,”; when we go w/ gospel and help convert someone we defeat Satan’s kingdom. Acts 13:4-12
- We have to help one another. Gal. 6:1,2. Whatever it takes! We are family. Get help, offer help.
a. Encourage one another daily. Heb. 3:12-15.
b. Vince Hawkins, of St. Louis church, and his lesson on the church as family.
1.) Love one another, respect one another, serve one another, encourage one another, talk to one another and pray for one another
- Know thyself!
a. Be open and honest about your weaknesses, and where he can exploit them.
b. This where we can examine “emotionally healthy spirituality.” Some of this happens in confession and prayer. Jas. 5:16
1.) Ask someone else about what they see in you.
- “Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, with all your mind, with all your soul and with all your strength, and your neighbor as yourself.” Matt. 22 :37-40. When you love God first and foremost and your neighbor as yourself, it is impossible for Satan to take you out!
- Understand that loving God may involve discipline by God, even as Satan attacks us. Heb. 12:4-13.
- Think about Job.
- Satan has schemes and temptations he uses against us as a hit-man.
- We need to know what they are by prayerfully picking them apart one by one with our Lord’s help.
- And, we need to apply our own “witness protection” program against Him with faith in the armor of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit, prayer and fasting, using the word of God, sharing our faith, helping one another in the church family, understanding who we are (know thyself) and loving God first with the understanding God can use Satan’s attacks to discipline us.
- Romans 8:31-39.